Notes: 250 words. Set during Prisoner of Azkaban, and companion piece to "Six Things Severus Snape Doesn't Know About Remus Lupin." Thanks to innerslytherin for the nudge. :) I was tagged again for that "six things" meme, this time by a_belladonna, and since I like to turn memes into fics, we get this.
1. He knows he is not scared of werewolves, per se, just wary. But Remus has been successfully dealing with a suspicious and wary world for most of his life, and he has become rather good at disarming people.
2. He knows that deep down, he is a creature of habit, and so all Remus has to do is gradually, painstakingly, become a part of that habit.
3. He knows he would rather suffer in silence than ask Remus to leave him alone, because that would require actual conversation.
4. He knows he doesn't really mind conversation, as long as you aren't a complete 'dunderhead.' And sometimes he even forgets who he's talking to, and acts almost... normal.
5. He knows he doesn't understand why Remus wants to talk to him. It is this thought that keeps Remus awake at night.
6. He knows that even after everything that happened at the Shack--both times--after everything, there is still a chance, but Severus' heart will need time to heal.